Today we continued working on the house. As we were working, two men came by and took away the trailer that had been sitting outside for a long time. Carmelite (the mom of the family who will be moving in when were done) was very happy to see it go away. They did not enjoy staying in it.
Here is the trailer hooked up and ready to be dragged away:

After they left, I was looking at the trash pile and three toys there reminded me of you: a Sponge Bob ball, a Disney Princess ball and the same plastic toy thermometer you have:

At lunch time, we went to one of the other houses and met John Booth. He survived the storm and told us stories about some of the people he knew. He had survived trapped for 11 days in his house until some Canadian soldiers came to rescue him. He is an amazing man and has stories about all of his friends in he arean.

When the two parents came back, we had cleaned up the sidewalk and the front yard. It was a good thing, because they had a special sign to put up in their front yart for their daughter who was a special student for the month:

Since you wanted a picture of the daughter's room (her name is Dakota, but we haven't met her yet), here's Grandma working on it:

I took a video as well today going in to the house and seeing Dakota's bedroom and playroom.
I also took a video as the house up the street was knocked down yesterday. I can't get them to show up, so I'll try again later.
Tomorrow, I'm going back to ARNO for the day since a couple of others want to as well. I hope you have a great day
I Love You!
-Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment