Wednesday, May 07, 2008

New Orleans, Day 7

Dear Em,

Today I skipped working on the house and, instead, brought 4 people from our group with me to ARNO. We cleaned out a bunch of cages, walked a bunch of dogs, and gave them all lots of attention. One person in our group even thought about bringing one home.

While I was there, I did see a note from Jeff and Daphne who came down on the last trip and brought a dog home with them. That was nice to see.

There were two groups of high school kids there also, so the Robin Beaulieu, who coordinates ARNO, gave a short talk about their history and how they have been recuing thousands of animals since hurrican Katrina hit the city. When we asked her what she need most, she said, "mnoey." They keep a lot of their cats outside, and it can get very hot in the summer. Right now, in the spring, the temperatures are over 80 degrees out there, and it's only going to get hotter.

I don't know if you've seen it, but there is another blog run by some people from the church which also has notes from us on it. I tried to send some more in tonight, but I accidentally deleted things other people had written before I could send them in. Ooops! I felt terrible.

Anyway, if you want to see those sroties, they're at the church's blog:

http://firstcong.blogspot.com/

Hope you're doing well. It sounded like you had a busy day and a fun dinner with everybody. I miss you and wish I could have been there.

I Love You!
-Dad

No comments: